Wednesday, February 27, 2008

School and Food

As we all know, our lifestyles determine how we eat. School is my lifestyle, and it definitely has an impact on what I eat. Although, what I had never noticed before is that the kinds of food I eat depend largely upon what day of the week it is, and what time of day it is. For example, in order to pull an all-nighter in order to do homework, I have to have food near me. There is no way that I can stay awake and think unless I have food. And it can't just be any food, specifically chocolate. I am not sure why that is, I just know it has always been like that, even way back in high school. Maybe chocolate does something to your brain, and helps it stay alert longer...I am not sure. But whatever it is, it works, and I am going to keep using it for as long as I need to!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I always really love fridays and saturdays, specifically because i don't have any work/ward activities/ piles of homework. So i can make what ever i want, and spend as much time as i like.. sort of.

Courtney said...

I think it's the sugar high and also the feeling of rewarding yourself for all the work you have accomplished! I always use my favorite treats as rewards when I make progress. It keeps me optomistic and in a good mood!

head chef said...

Scientists have proven that chocolate (primarily dark chocolate) affects both mood and brain function. Chocolate is a perfect all-nighter food choice. The next time anyone questions you tell them that you indulge in chocolate for it's health properties.