Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Perfection!

If you read my blog last week, you know that I made dinner for my fiance for the first time last Thursday. Well, you will be happy to hear that it was perfect! As soon as I got home from class I got to cooking like a crazy cooking machine. It paid off though because the food was waiting on the stove when my fiance arrived. I set the table all cute, and the huge vase of flowers he brought worked well as the centerpiece. The food turned out great, and we had a lot of leftovers. For some reason it was really filling, and we could hardly eat dessert (chocolate cake with homemade frosting...really good!). My fiance loved the food though, which made me feel really good. He said that it was like a scene from his future, and he is right. After dinner I gave him his present, (Season 3 of the Office), and we got ready to head out for the movies. However, my fiance pulled out this wrapped red box out of nowhere. Inside was a ruby necklace, (ruby is my birthstone), with a little diamond! It is so pretty! Of course I pretended to get onto him for going over the budget we had set, but it made me happy all the same. After that, we went to the movies and saw Spiderwick. We got popcorn and soda, although we ate hardly any because we were still so full. It was the most amazing day, and I look forward to having similar days when we are married in 65 days...not that I'm counting or anything.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh thats so adorable. I think that making a meal for the boyfriend/future husband, is like some right of passage or something. It shows that you can feed him, while him taking you out shows that he can provide. just theories though.

Keith McKay said...

I don't know where your luck comes from, or if you pray harder at church than me or something, becuase my plans never go right. I was envious as I read about how smoothly everything went - I always end up with my plans in shambles and wondering how I could have made it better. But despite my envious grumblings, congratulations.