Monday, January 28, 2008

Cafe Rio



I recently had a new dining experience that I just had to blog about...Cafe Rio! It was by accident that I found myself there. It was on a Saturday night, and my fiance and I along, with his family, had just finished visiting Grandma . She is rehabilitating in a care center away from home, so it was like a mini family get-away. Afterwards we did what any Mormon family would want to...go to dinner together! So, we ended up at Cafe Rio because it was close to where we already were. I ordered the chicken burrito, and I was surprised! I didn't think I would like it, just because I have had so much good, authentic Mexican food. Growing up in Southern California, I am very picky about my Mexican. Anyway, I liked it! My fiance got the chicken burrito as well, and he loved it too! In fact, we were so impressed, that on Monday night we went back. I know that sounds kind of bad, but we enjoyed ourselves. It's hard to believe that we went out of our way to enjoy a little Mexican cuisine on a Monday night...but I'm sure stranger things have happened. Maybe Cafe Rio puts some type of addictive substance in their foods, because I have been craving their chicken burrito ever since!

3 comments:

Brittany Perez said...

I am in love with the pork at Cafe Rio. I don't trifle with any of the other meats.

Alex said...

It is no secret Cafe Rio has amazing addictive powers, but usually i here such talk associated with their Sweet Pork Barbacoa.

Keith McKay said...

Unless I've heard wrong, at least part of Cafe Rio's addictiveness comes from their soaking their beans and meats in sugar before cooking and serving them - something about releasing extra endorphines when you eat it. Who knows if it's true, but regardless, if their objective is to make money by feeding us and making us happy, they do it with flying colors.