Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ramblings of a random college student


Food is good. We all eat it, even if we don't want to. We depend on it. It can be sad really because we can't live without it for very long. Sometimes I wish we could store food up in our bodies for weeks in advance. Like bears. You know like if you go to a really nice restaurant and the food is good, you could just eat as much of it as you want. Eat it all up, and then you don't have to carry around those annoying styrofoam boxes, which you just end up throwing away anyhow once you get them safely in the refrigerator. That way you're filled up for a few good days, and you don't have to worry if all you have is Top Ramen in your cupboard! Remember that wonderful meal you had and your worries are gone! Now don't get me wrong, I don't want to live without food altogether...I like it. It's just that ever since I came to college I haven't had time to eat! Can you believe it?? I go from class to class forgetting to eat because I am too busy looking for my classes (a.k.a getting lost). I am a transfer student from BYU-Idaho so this is my first semester here at BYU. I suppose things will get better with my navigational skills, in fact I can already see that they have. I only got lost once today...but then again it is only 10:30 a.m.

6 comments:

Keith McKay said...

I agree with your hibernate-like-bears-so-we-don't-have
-to-eat-quite-so-often comment. However I can't help but think of a potential risk in that concept. Suppose the meal you ate happened to have food poisoning. Would you have the effects of food poisoning that much longer? Or would the effects last as long but simply be amplified that many times? In either case, I've had food poisoning only a few times, and it's enough in the brief, potent dose it already comes in.
Maybe we'll just have to wait until they finally condense meals into pill form - then you could just eat a handful and be good for a week.

head chef said...

Dear Taylor,

Your one step better than me. I box up the remainder of my awesome meal in those little Styrofoam boxes and then almost every time I leave it sitting on the table! Oh well, at least that way I don't have to throw it out of my refrigerator once it turns green. Awesome blog!

Shannon said...

It's so true about preparing meals, so often i wan't more then a peanut butter sandwich, but time and money don't allow it. I also think that resturaunts should stop using foam because it pollutes the environment, but thats a different story all together.

BA said...

Taylor Tots and Brice a roni!? We should go into business. Those names are just too cool, and I love tots man. We could have like waiters dressed like Napolean Dynamite, and definitely have those boxes with smiley faces on them.

Alina said...

That's so true! I hate carrying around my extra food in a Styrofoam box, especially when you’re on a date. It's hard to eat all the food but you don't want to just throw it away and be wasteful but it's also hard to have to carry it around with you all night. One time I went on a date where I had extra food so of course I put it in a to-go box but when the guy dropped me off from the date I accidentally left the box in his car! Hopefully it didn't get all gross and smelly before he realized it was there... oops.

Sherm said...

I'm not going to lie, that would be pretty neat to be like that. I am a pretty heavily involved in eating and I'll say one thing..even if I eat a very big meal and stuff myself, I still am hungry an hour later! I wish I could store more food in me so I wouldn't always be hungry! Cool blog.