Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Our Food Supply

So I was at Maceys the other day, and at the register I saw a peculiar yellow sign. It said, "due to the recent circumstances, Maceys will no longer be able to give rain checks for wheat and rice". At first I just thought that was really weird, but then in my religion class yesterday we were talking about the second coming, and I kept thinking about that sign. I kept thinking that if we already have problems giving rain checks to people that want them, soon we will be limited in how many bags of wheat and rice we're allowed to buy! I don't know if it will really happen, but it is a scary thought because we are so dependent on our nearest grocery store. The prophets and church leaders have said to have food storage, and this is why. Just something to think about.
P.S.
Does anyone know why wheat and rice has gone up? I have heard a lot of different things, and it would be nice to hear what you guys have to say.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I have no idea. but when i came to utah i was amazed at things like food storage being sold at the grocery store. Not just bins of things, but like barrels of dried milk.

Keith McKay said...

My mission president's wife said that we all need to eat more fiber and whole grains BEFORE the time when we need to rely on our food storage. Otherwise all the fiber in that wheat will pound our systems, flush us dry, and we'll die of dehydration.

...Inspiring, thanks.